Monday, October 20, 2008

Sound and Fury

signifying nothing...that's sort of my overall opinion of blogs, and the idea of an SL avatar blog is just too asinine to pass up. So, welcome. ;))

This is basically going to be Lissa's journal, her experiences, her philosophy on life, the universe, and everything, and what happens in SL that doesn't stay in SL.

First of all, if you've read my in-world profile, you know I have an issue with those who insist they keep SL and RL separate. Basically, I think they are either totally full of shit, or they are pathological liars who treat the real humans behind the avi's in SL with a great measure of contempt. I don't trust anyone who either has their first life section blank or says it's none of your business or anything along those lines. What, exactly, are they hiding that they need to keep the two so far apart? I know a thing or two about hiding, so I understand what they are saying, and I don't like it. :P Sure, it's a free SL...

OK, another thing I'm going to ramble on and on about is my view on the psychological impact of the SL experience. In a nutshell, I think it is profound, transformative, and in some cases, destructive, negative, and distracting from RL friendships and responsibilities. There will be lots of posts along those lines.

Stay tuned...I'm going to try to keep the posts short, so all two of you who read them won't be too damn bored.

peace ;)