Wednesday, October 22, 2008

On Blank Profiles...

I don't like them. While working at Sanctuary Rock today, an avatar IM'd me, and the first thing I did, the first thing I always do prior to responding to an IM from someone I don't know, is look at the profile. Mostly, his was blank. One group membership showing, but that was all. Nothing in "About Me" and nothing in "First Life."

He admitted it made him look like a spy or a perv. I agreed. He even admitted the avi was an alt (much more to come on the subject of alts).

So, Lissa's tip of the day is this: Put something in your profile. Even if it's a message about how much you hate profiles, don't have anything witty to say, or could care less if anyone ever IM's you because of your profile. Take some effort and write a little something. (says the compulsive writer) :P

peace