Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Things Change

So, I guess the question is, how do you deal with it? I had a professor in college who used to say to us ‘embrace it and let it go.’ It seemed very wise to me, then, as it does now.

A new friend gave me some very good advice last night in SL. We were talking about insecurities and jealousies, and how she’s held on and made a best friend out of an ‘ex.’ She said she’s learned to hold on to the best parts of a relationship and let go of what isn’t working, couldn’t last, or wasn’t meant to be. I’ve spent the last year analyzing how to ‘live’ in SL, how to deal with the way friendships and relationships change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. The things she said were damn smart, but then, so is she.

Lissa’s tip of the day: try peace, try moving on, try seeing things for what they are rather than what you wish they could be.

:)