Friday, November 14, 2008

Random Bits of BS

--->Things that annoy me...fake, unwarranted, or just plain mean attitude in SL annoys me to no end. You read these profile messages, and it's like they are competing for Bitch/Asshole of the year. I suppose being nice is just too lame--it's so much more cool to have an attitude. I'm well aware of the manipulative games people play there, so some of that attitude is understandable, say, if you've been lied to and betrayed. Well, if you have, it begs the question why do you keep logging on in the first place, and why are you determined to become the very type of person who's hurt you so? When I see a particularly unpleasant profile, I also wonder what kind of doormat that person is in RL, to have such a need to be 'tough' in SL. Eye contact keeps a good many closet jerks in check in RL, and it's just too bad that you don't need actual courage to be a prick in SL.

--->I bet you've got at least one person on your friendslist who is currently 'taking a leave' from SL. I've got several. Heartbreak and/or friendship betrayal are probably the biggest reasons, but many of us have left...only to return...including me. When I was early into SL, I met someone who told me (upon hearing I was a married housewife) to 'get out...get out now.' He seemed to imply that SL might at some point occupy too much of my time and energy...that it was filled with (unknown by me at the time) pitfalls and perils. 'haha' I responded. haha indeeed

--->In the past few weeks, I've made the transition from dancer to host, working two clubs currently. It's funny how hectic it seems, running contests, inviting folks to join the group, and my personal goal, making Local Chat something other than gesture spam and LOL (and yes, I can LOL with the best of 'em). It is not easy. Maybe I'll get better. :P

peace