Saturday, February 13, 2010

touch of grey

It's hard to NOT talk about something that has so profoundly affected my life, something that has completely broken my heart twice now in ten months, something that most of the people in my RL don't even know about. I have tried to keep a strong distinction between what Lissa talks about here and what Melissa experiences in her life. I've tried to relate everything back to SL.

The trouble is, this blog is the closest thing I have to a journal, and I've always felt that it was a sort of online journal. Funnily, I've kept a diary since I was eight years old, but I stopped journaling when my son was born (almost four years ago!). So, this blog has been where a lot of my philosophical ramblings have come to roost. Except, sometimes, life takes my philosophy and incinerates it.

How much more vague can I get? Suffice to say that even the most charmed life, which I certainly lead, can be laced, sometimes fully submerged, in a grief so deep that it isn't even considered appropriate to talk about. I've hoped for good news to proudly post here. I've had none to post.

As they say, third time's a charm. I hope like hell that 'they' are right.