Saturday, December 26, 2009

here's the deal

Firstly, a belated Merry Christmas and a very safe & happy New Year's to anyone who might read this! I've been busy as hell IRL since thanksgiving, having a great time with family & friends, but working on a pretty high stress level. This has definitely been the best holiday season since my parents divorced 14 years ago. Having kiddos really does give you a whole new perspective of Christmas--cliched but true.

So, I got an email from my SL rental group letting me know the rent on the place where Troy and I live is up in a week. We generally pay 4-6 weeks at a time, so these messages are helpful. Anyway, I just now logged on to cap off the rent...and I could not remember my SL password.

Troy stopped DJing around Thanksgiving, and I quit hosting at the same time. Since then, we've hardly logged onto SL at all...not even on our one year partnering anniversary (Happy Belated Anniversary, hun). My relationship with Troy is so much deeper than SL, and has been for so long. I did think, when we decided to quit our jobs, that perhaps I'd try to come back to hosting after the craziness of the holidays passed.

So, I couldn't remember my password? I think that's my answer, right there. SL is a gorgeous world, and I will never 'leave' (I always chuckle when people make big pronouncements about "leaving SL") but it's clear hosting is not a very big part of my life right now. Could that change? Of course. I leave all options open. Do I think it's likely? Not particularly.

The whole reason Troy and I stopped working was to make sure any free online time we had was spent doing stuff we wanted, and I think, now more than ever, what we want in SL is just to log on and have fun, hang out with friends, listen to music, and chill together.

Anyway, it's hella late, and I've got house guests who are going to want fed in the morning.

Stay warm and toasty. :D
peace