Sunday, March 8, 2009

changes coming

The metaphors of spring and the accompanying rebirth are often used in literature and poetry. As the trees, plants, birds, and animals rise up from frozen ground and transform themselves, humans can't help but be moved by the power and beauty of it.

When I see that first hint of green in the fields of brown that surround my house, I too find myself more energetic, more hopeful, more eager to embrace challenges rather than run from them. I begin making mental lists about what needs changed, done, repaired--the things I've ignored all winter or been unable to face. In the winter, seems like most of my mental energy gets taken up dealing the short, cold days and very long, cold nights.

So, here's to spring, to new life, to the promise of renewal, to positive energy, and long sunny days ahead.